Friday, February 20, 2009

Just A Thought

Little Mickie was with his best friend, Chickie. It was evening time and instead of playing cricket outside they were in his room playing Scotland Yard (a detective board game).

“Hey,” Mickie said, “yesterday I saw my dad shouting at grandpa.”

“Really? Your grandpa means your dad’s dad, right?

“Ya.”

“God! I don’t think I’ll ever be able to shout at my dad.”

“Same here. I couldn’t believe it.”

They continued with their game. Outside the room Mickie’s dad, sitting idly on the couch, happened to overhear the conversation. As a child even he used to shudder in front of his dad. Perhaps more than his own son did in front of him.

Looking out pensively at the evening Sun, through the window, he realized: nobody dares to eye a noon Sun. But when the Sun is half into the lap of horizon

A shadow of remorse, soon, blanketed his conscience.



By: NovoneeL ChakrabortY

16 comments:

rimi said...

well done yaar.....a very beautiful thought....u really excel in writing meaningful stories conveying a message gently....loved it!!!!

Ekata Banerjee said...

i agree with rimi..

ARINDAM DEY said...

wonderful buddy... simply wonderful!!! you have this gift of giving new meaning to things we see, hear, smell, sense all around us everyday... great!
KEEP WRITING BUDDY!

Amritansu Nanda said...

I really envy the simplicity with which you propose complex thought nutrition. Utter beauty and elegance in the post.

Novoneel Chakraborty said...

My heartfelt thanks to Rimi, Ekata, Arin and Nth ... appreciation is sure a motivation ... thnx again :)

Angry Voices said...

To quote you...

The eyes provide sight. The mind, insight.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You have so easily penned down a deep meaning. You have conveyed so much in between the lines. Good job! Your novel, A thing beyond forever' is really good. Esp. the last half of it was just beyond imagination.

Ana Sidhu Rawal said...

Novoneel, I am currently reading your book 'A Thing Beyond Forever' and it is one of the most beautiful novels I possess. From Prologue to the Epilogue, every word is captivating & flawlessly crafted. I feel as though 'Section 3' has been penned down for me.
"What two people try to achieve in a marriage I have done that simply being in love with someone."
The book reminds me of Salman Rushdie's 'The Enchantress of Florence'; it is written in the same grand and mesmerizing style.

A Big Thank You for sharing your words :)

God Bless!!!
Anahat Sidhu

Novoneel Chakraborty said...

Hey Anahat

you don't know how happy you have made me with your comment :) thanks ... best wishes 2 u in your life tc

Ashish Agrawal said...

"nobody dares to eye a noon Sun. But when the Sun is half into the lap of horizon…"

But when the Sun is half gone into the lap of horizon, only then it provides a soothing effect to the eyes, heart and mind. Isn't it??

P.S. I heard the reply I have posted above on some TV program a few years back.

:-)

Novoneel Chakraborty said...

:) which program was that?

Ashish Agrawal said...

Don't Remember.

Just liked the sentence.

rashmi said...

simply amazin...dis made my heart sink...

Novoneel Chakraborty said...

hmmm...

AnuRadha GarimelLa said...

"nobody dares to eye a noon Sun. But when the Sun is half into the lap of horizon…"

So damn true! Xcellent!!
God simply keep blessing you like this forever!!! :)

Novoneel Chakraborty said...

:) Thank you !!