Monday, May 19, 2014

The Network

Recently I was in a hotel room with a friend who was busy moving his hand all over in a funny manner standing by the window from the time we checked-in.

“What are you doing?” I said.
“Trying to get my phone some damn network.” Impatience was evident in his voice.

It was then that I noticed the phone in his hand. In the next second I saw him throw the phone on the floor with disgust.

“What did the phone do?” I said but by then he had locked himself in the washroom. He came out after fifteen minutes.

"Do you get out of a relationship the moment it loses its charm?" I said looking straight at him. "Or, do you remain patient  to re-connect to the charm?" 

He gaped at me as if I had shown him a loaded gun.

"Maybe it depends on how much you value your relationship. Your phone in this case." I answered myself.

*

18 comments:

myselfriya said...

Lovely novo!! As always!! <3

br!nDle said...

relationship lasts till the time we give importance to it and ofcourse till the time we want it to last... :)

Unknown said...

It takes a lifetime to make a relationship and seconds to break it :)
Read your work after a long time Mr. Novel :) (remember?)
liked this brief and meaningful flash fiction.
Written any novel of late?
Regards
Shilpa

Novoneel Chakraborty said...

Hey Shilpa, good to hear from you. Yep, 'EX...a twisted love story' is my latest one. :)

Unknown said...

You have a good memory if you remember people :) Congrats for the new book. I will read it soon and post a review. Good going Novo.
Stay connected.

KIRTI said...

Hello Novoneel, I am Kirti from New Delhi. I would like to congratulate you for the new book. i loved your book "A Thing Beyond Forever" very much and i read it 2-3 times.

Novoneel Chakraborty said...

Thank you so much Kirti. Hope you like my other books as well. Best wishes.

T j bhanu said...

Ur book A THINH BEYOND FOREVER is gem... i ve read it n yet again for the unteempth time....
Its just amazing....
I gifted it to my 19 frns...
Thanks for such a nice novel novoneel...
regards
Bhanu

Novoneel Chakraborty said...

Thanks Bhanu Priya.

Anusia said...

Thanks for sharing the information. It was really interesting.

pallavikrishna said...

Hai Neel...This s Pallavi Krishna
I read all your books and loved them all very much..I jus dint find any other books which can keep me sticked to them since I start reading them and I am waiting for ur book stranger triology book 2...
All time biggg fan of ur's...
Pallavi..

Novoneel Chakraborty said...

Thanks a bunch Pallavi. Please do connect on www.facebook.com/officialnbc so that I can update you when the Book 2 in the stranger trilogy comes up. Best wishes.

Kalhara Venugopal said...

Awesome message . Loved it and this is what I like in your writing

Narnia said...

He threw it because he loved it the most.

Unknown said...

Have heard a lot about your books. Would love to read them as soon as possible.

Anonymous said...

Renu here..
I have read all your books.
I love your writing a lot..

Harshali said...

you are one person who can give me the best life lessons.

shreya dandapat said...

read all books from the stranger trilogy the climax the shook me from core love ur books. they are real masterpieces